Massage Tables And Chairs
Specialized massage tables and chairs are used to position recipients during massages. A typical commercial massage table has an easily cleaned, heavily padded surface, and horseshoe-shaped head support that allows the client to breathe easily while lying face down and can be stationary or portable, while home versions are often lighter weight or designed to fold away easily. An orthopedic pillow or bolster can be used to correct body positioning.
Ergonomic chairs serve a similar function as a massage table. Chairs may be either stationary or portable models. Massage chairs are easier to transport than massage tables, and recipients do not need to disrobe to receive a chair massage. Due to these two factors, chair massage is often performed in settings such as corporate offices, outdoor festivals, shopping malls, and other public locations.
Ayurvedic Full Body Massage
Abhyanga or Deep Tissue Massage Duration: 60 min/ 90 mins
An Ayurvedic hot oil massage, using rhythmic and deeply relaxing traditional massage techniques that rejuvenate the body by clearing stagnant energy, soothing the muscles and relieving any tension in the muscles.
For a more intensive deep tissue massage we recommend Vishesh, using specific hot oils with tradition techniques and gentle manipulation to boost circulation and relieve muscular aches and pains.
Pinda SwedaDuration: 75 min
A rhythmic massage using herbal compresses dipped in hot medicated oils and pressed into areas prone to tension or aches and pains. Each compress contains up to 6 different Ayurvedic herbs renowned for effects such as relaxing, easing stiffness and soothing away aches and pains.
Treatment is traditionally known to benefit Rheumatoid Arthritis, Osteo-arthritis and Muscular stiffness.
VastiDuration: 60 mins
Vasti is a medical treatment where the area is first relaxed with a localised massage followed by retaining a pool of warm medicated oil over the specific area of tension and pain. Good for any pain and stiffness in the lower back , neck or knees .
Treatment is traditionally known to benefit Sciatica, Prolapsed disc and Osteo-arthritis.
Duration: 60 minsCourse of 5/7 days
Natural Body Organic Massage
Our trademark massage is designed to relieve muscle tension, reduce stress, increase circulation and improve skin and muscle tone. Your natural body artisan will combine pressure point and relaxation techniques, incorporating essential oil blends and warm compresses for relaxation that sweeps through your entire body.
Also Check: Osaki Os 3000 Chiro Massage Chair
Face Massage With Marma Points
Massaging your face with oil can help relieve tension in the face and promote a healthy complexion. To take your self-care practice even further, consider paying attention to the marma points of your face when practicing abhyanga. Spending some extra time massaging the marma points of the face can help you maintain natural beauty in a healthy and rewarding way.
Medical And Therapeutic Use
The main professionals that provide therapeutic massage are massage therapists, athletic trainers, physical therapists and practitioners of many traditional Chinese and other eastern medicines. Massage practitioners work in a variety of medical settings and may travel to private residences or businesses.Contraindications to massage include deep vein thrombosis, bleeding disorders or taking blood thinners such as warfarin, damaged blood vessels, weakened bones from cancer, osteoporosis, or fractures, and fever.
Also Check: How To Get A Massage License In Texas
Sunflower Oil Massage For Skin Softening
This light and thin oil is not only used for cooking, but is also best as a massage oil. Sunflower oil turns rancid quickly, so it is better to buy it in small quantities and store in a cool and dry place. To improve its shelf life, you can try squeezing one or two vitamin E capsules into it.
Benefits of using Sunflower Oil for Ayurveda massage:
- Sunflower oil is a perfect oil for enhancing the texture of your skin as it contains linoleic and oleic acids in higher percentages than in olive oil. It also improves skins moisture levels.
- It clears all the toxins in your skin, keeps it moisturized and prevents the signs of aging. Sunflower oil also improves the barrier repair function of our skin.
- The essential fatty acids in the oil will boost cell regeneration and rejuvenate our skin and leaves a glowing and radiant skin.
Cleaning And Plumbing Tips
While oil does wonders for the body, its slick texture makes it easy to spill. Oil can strain plumbing and cause the bathtub floor to get sticky. Here are some tips to address these problems.
- Tidy up after your self-massage. Keep a bottle of dish detergent in your shower or tub. When you are done washing, squirt some on the tub or shower floor and spread it around with your feet, sort of mopping the floor. Let the shower flow over it and wash everything down the drain. Doing this every time you wash after abhyanga prevents an accumulation of oil.
- Take care around slippery surfaces. If your balance is poor, the shower floor is slippery, or you fear you might slip, make sure that you hold on tight to something stable while you do this. Or get somebody else to do it or find another way to keep the floor clean. Please dont slip and hurt yourself. That would defeat the health-giving purpose of this practice.
- Clean your drain. Pour a little environmentally friendly drain cleanser down your drain once a month. Cold water used with soap that can dissolve in cold water may cause the oil to bead up and wash along the drain better than hot water, which liquefies the oil, making it more likely to stick to the plumbing.
You May Like: Does Body Massage Help In Weight Loss
Ayurvedic Massage And Its Types
Ayurvedic massage creates a deep relaxation in the muscles of the body and corrects the deeply rooted imbalances in the system thereby restoring harmony and functional integrity of the doshas. Ayurvedic massage uses different types of medicated oils for inducing long, vigorous strokes throughout the body. Ayurveda offers massage therapies that aim at keeping the enzymes in the body at their normal functioning level, thereby revitalizing the tissues and cells. A massage helps soothe the nerves and strengthens the bones. It also creates a sense of tranquility in mind, delays the process of aging and reduces the risk of future ailments.
How To Give A Full Body Massage
This article was co-authored by Justyna Kareta. Justyna Kareta is a Certified Master Massage Therapist and Owner of Lush Massage, a massage studio based in San Francisco, California. Justyna has over nine years of experience as a therapist and specializes in Lomi Lomi Hawaiian Massage and CranioSacral Therapy to soothe the nervous system and facilitate deep healing. She received her massage therapy training from the Southwest Institute of Healing Arts, is certified by California Massage Therapy Council, and is a member of the Associated Bodywork & Massage Professionals.wikiHow marks an article as reader-approved once it receives enough positive feedback. This article received 45 testimonials and 97% of readers who voted found it helpful, earning it our reader-approved status. This article has been viewed 2,038,300 times.
Giving a full body massage is a wonderful way to help a person get rid of stress and sore muscles. It can also help two people become more intimate. Read this wikiHow to learn how to give a full body massage.
You May Like: Massage Therapy School Rhode Island
Shirodhara Massage: Benefits Uses Procedure Oils Treatment And Side Effects
Ayurveda, the ancient and holistic science of well-being and longevity, is a unique tradition of India that has been with us for thousands of years. Noted in various Vedic scriptures, Ayurvedic treatments have a long legacy of promoting physical health, emotional well-being, and soul connection. These practices bring forth the use of various preparations of herbs, spices, oils and other natural components that comes together to assist an individual to overcome various health anomalies and guide towards absolute health and well-being through an intricate system of healing.
What Is Shirodhara Scalp Massage?
Shirodhara is a traditional ayurvedic method of healing, that has been in use since ancient times to bring the mind, body and soul to a harmonious level. Touted as one of the most purifying and rejuvenating treatments, this therapy is designed in such a way that it not only eliminates the harmful AMA toxins from the body but also relieves stress, gets rid of mental exhaustion and treat a host of disorders.
What Are The Various Names Of Shirodhara?
Classical ayurvedic scriptures of Charak Samhita and Susruta Samhita denotes Shirodhara by various vernacular names such as: Shiro Sheka, Sirothara, Parisheka, Shiro Parisheka, Dhara, and Shirashek.
What Are The Different Types of Shirodhara Massage?
Taila Dhara :
A single type of oil or a mixture of several ayurvedic oils are used in Taila dhara type of massage.
Dugadha Dhara :
The main ingredient used in dugadha dhara is milk.
Heres Everything That Went Down
After I filled out my form, I changed into a robe and sipped a glass of water as my therapist Sabine asked a few follow-up questions. Was I usually warm or cold? Always cold. Did I break out? Yes, sometimes. Sabine determined that my dosha was mostly Vata with a little Pitta, and got to work preparing the oils wed use in my treatment. Our Vata oil blend is our richest, says Dr. Raichur about the oil Sabine used on my body. She reserved the slightly lighter, anti-inflammatory Pitta oil for my face, where Im more prone to breakoutsthe a mini facial is a bonus of the treatment. The oils were warmed in my room and poured all over each body part liberally.
Sabine noted that my body was absorbing the rich oil very wella good sign for her diagnostic abilities, my scaly legs, and a very clothed commute home. In an ideal scenario, says Dr. Raichur, the hours following an abhyanga massage should be slow and relaxed, with the oils left to absorb as much as possible. While Sabine recommended emulsifying my shampoo with a tiny bit of water and scrubbing on dry hair before I got in the shower, three shampoos later I still had super oily hair come morning. But I put my hair in a ponytail, and let the oils serve as a reminder of a dreamy scalp massage for a bit longer than felt comfortable. With some patience, my hair was softer than it had been two days prior. In fact, I was softer from head to toe.
You May Like: Where Do Massage Therapists Advertise Now
Ylang Ylang Essential Oil For Treating Chronic Fatigue
Ylang Ylang oil coming from Ylang Ylang tree will surely make you fall in love with its flowery fragrance that gives you a sense of inner peace, confidence, and relaxation. Ylang Ylang oil prevents the signs of aging and irritation.
It has an immediate and positive effect on our mood by releasing negative emotions such as anger, jealousy, low self-esteem, etc. It also fights with insomnia and chronic fatigue.
Ylang Ylang oil is used along with the Coconut, Almond, and Sesame carrier oils. Add one or two drops of the essential oil and blend it well with the carrier oil of your choice.
Pro tip – If you are looking for the best massage oil to relax your senses, the Ayurvedic Madhuvanti Calming Oil is perfect for you. With calming Geranium, uplifting Ylang-Ylang, and grounding Lavender essential oils combined in a skin-nourishing base of Jojoba, Sesame, and sunflower oil, it soothes the body and mind.
Check out our complete range of body massage oils here.
The Following Are The Benefits Of Body Massage In The Elderly
- Symptoms like body ache, joint pain, and stiffness of muscles are reduced.
- Massaging the body with oil reduces the dryness of the skin and prevents cracking and fissuring of the skin. It also prevents discoloration of the skin
- This process reduces stress, relaxes the mind, and makes elderly people feel good.
- Good oil massage induces sound sleep.
- Body massage improves blood circulation and strengthens the muscles.
- Inflammation of joints reduces with a good massage.
- Apart from the above-mentioned health conditions body massage also treats so many of the typical conditions that arise with age such as muscular stiffness, arthritis, skin discoloration, muscle and bone deterioration, tendonitis, bursitis, and respiratory problems such as asthma and emphysema.
Body Massage for the elderly is known as senior massage or geriatric massage. Careful massage can help to provide the elderly with symptomatic relief and enable seniors to extend the vitality in their lives.
Note: A trained expert massage therapist must massage the elderly. The body of aged persons will be fragile and delicate. Hence the body massage for the elderly should be conducted under an expert massage therapists supervision.
Read Also: Real Relax Massage Chair Manual
Creating A Relaxing Atmosphere
Neem Oil Massage For Treating Dry Scaly Or Acne
Neem oil can not be used directly on the skin for body massage as it is quite potent. But when used with other carrier oil such as Almond oil or Olive, it helps in treating acne. If youve acne on your body, then you will benefit from adding a few drops of Neem oil to your massage oil.
Neem oil is also rich in Vitamin E which helps prevent free radicals from harming your skin. It treats acne, fungal infections, warts, or moles. The undiluted neem oil can be used to spot treat affected areas but remember to dilute it with a carrier oil for massage.
Benefits of using Neem Oil for Ayurveda massage:
- Neem oil helps soothing skin ailments such as inflammation, itchiness, redness, etc. It reduces feverish body temperature and eliminates joint and muscle pain that are caused by rheumatic disorders.
- It treats dry skin and fights the appearance of wrinkles. The antibacterial properties of neem oils treat acne, fades scans and fights off foot fungus.
- Neem oil helps in stimulating collagen production and improve elasticity . This helps your skin stay as your age.
Also read – Top Benefits of Neem Oil for Hair and Skin
You May Like: Massage Chair Repair Service Technician
Choosing The Right Abhyanga Oil
Ayurveda teaches us that like increases like and that opposites balance, so when it comes to choosing the right oil, your decision should take into account the doshas: vata,pitta, and kapha, and how the qualities of the doshas impact the following:
- Your current state of balance . If you currently have a dosha that is high, it is beneficial to follow a dosha-pacifying abhyanga for that dosha. For example, if you are nervous, anxious, and you feel cold and dry, vata is likely to be high in your vikriti and using a vata-pacifying oil for your abhyanga would be most beneficial.
- Your Ayurvedic constitution . If none of your doshas are currently out of balance, it is good to consider the dominant doshas in your constitution, or prakriti, to maintain balance. For example, if you are feeling healthy and pitta is your dominant dosha, and if the weather is hot and humid it would generally be best to choose a pitta-pacifying oil. This brings us to the next factor to keep in mind.
- Your environment. The doshas have an impact on the current season and weather. Fall through early winter is considered vata season, late winter through spring is considered kapha season, and pitta season occurs in the summertime. There are many steps you can take to maintain balance according to the seasons, and selecting a massage oil that will keep you in balance is one of them.
Shirodhara Third Eye Therapy
Shiro, means head, and dhara is the continuous flow of a liquid. In this process, warm herbal oils, milk or buttermilk, or decoctions are poured in a slow steady stream on your forehead. A steady flow of warm oil onto the forehead stimulates the pituitary gland, or third-eye. This is one of the most divine therapies, awakening your bodys intuitive knowledge.
According to Ayurveda, Shirodhara is beneficial for Vata and Pitta dosha. When out of balance, Vata dosha exhibits as fear, insecurity, worry, racing thoughts. Out of balance Pitta dosha exhibits as anger, irritability, frustration, judgment.
The action and qualities of the liquid used in Shirodhara counters the qualities of the out of balance doshas. It soothes, nourishes and pacifies the doshas through the application of the liquid to the forehead, scalp and nervous system.
The Energy behind
In the procedure of Shirodhara, particular pressure and vibration is created over the forehead. The vibration is amplified by the hollow sinus present in the frontal bone. The vibration is then transmitted inwards through the fluid medium of cerebrospinal fluid . This vibration along with little temperature may activate the functions of thalamus and the basal forebrain which then brings the amount of serotonin and catecholamine to the normal stage inducing the sleep.
Benefits of Shirodhara
Also Check: Massage Therapy School Charlotte Nc