Experience For Massage Therapist / Esthetician Resume
- Experienced as a licensed Esthetician/Therapist
- Arrive 15 minutes prior to first appointment scheduled for the day
- Experience in a similar role or related area required
- Inquires about medical conditions or areas that require special attention prior to treatment
- Prepares procedure rooms prior to each procedure
- Offers an eye pad/face towel prior to treatment
- Observe and coach the ethetics team to provide best in class service experiences
Clinical Mental Health Therapistresume Examples & Samples
- Confidently establishing a therapeutic relationship and provide ongoing mental health treatment within the scope of practice denoted by your state licensure
- Utilizing evidenced-based interventions/protocols including the use of individual, group or couple therapy, when evidence supports a modality for maximizing outcomes for a specific diagnoses/population
- Providing comprehensive and ongoing assessment
- Referring clients to internal and external services to meet identified needs
- Involving and educating family members and other natural support systems to the extent possible
- Regularly demonstrating the ability to serve mentally ill and chemically dependent patients of all ages and of all cultural backgrounds in the routine performance of duties
- Maintain active licensure, mal practice insurance and licensure required annual CEUs
- Dress and act professionally with clients, staff members and the community
- Keep an organized and clean office space
- Keep a positive and therapeutic attitude
Mental Health Therapistresume Examples & Samples
- Provide high quality health care through direct screening, diagnosis & formulation/implementation of treatment plan for mental health patients . Document in writing all care in patient’s permanent medical record in accordance with accepted medical/legal standards. Provide all care in accordance with accepted practice standards & hospital/clinic protocols
- Consult with other department providers regarding treatment plans
- Five years of clinical experience preferred
Don’t Miss: Infinity Celebrity Massage Chair Reviews
Responsibilities For Licensed Esthetician Resume
- Responsible for learning all service protocols & products
- Performs professional quality facials, chemical peels, and hydro microdermabrasions, within scope of practice and licensing
- Provide training to all esthetics staff on face treatments so they can accurately describe and /or schedule treatments for guests
- Performs professional quality facials, within scope of practice and licensing .
- Present a professional personal appearance while operating as the face of our skin care business
- Performs professional quality and advanced facial treatments, within scope of practice and licensing
- Ensure proper Skin Care staffing levels for the spa on a daily basis
Skills For Esthetician & Massage Therapist Resume
- Arrives prior to first appointment to prepare the workspace
- 6 months experience as an Esthetician
- Valid state license is required
- 3+ months of work experience at Massage Envy or an esthetics spa
- Experience with medical esthectics or dermatology
- Have knowledge of and experience in performing master facial services, as well as the ability to follow protocols
You May Like: How Much Is A Massage Envy Franchise
Understanding Applicant Tracking Systems
Applicant tracking systems are algorithms built into many of today’s online applications platforms. These programs scan your resume for keywords and rank them against the other candidates. Only the top resumes make it to the hiring manager’s desk.
To beat the ATSand make sure you have a fair chance at landing an interview, we recommend:
- Understanding industry hiring practices and the most sought-after techniques for massage therapists
- Reading the job description closely and identifying the most important qualities and qualifications
- Including the employer’s keywords throughout your resume, especially in the summary and skills sections
Keywords are words that are repeated multiple times or otherwise emphasized on the job description. Make sure to use the employer’s exact spelling when personalizing your resume with keywords. We advocate customizing your resume for two key reasons:
Force them in an unnatural way or exaggerate your credentials.
Experience For Practice Medical Esthetician Dermatology Resume
- During the service, check in with the guest two times to assure guests comfort
- Keeping station, work area and public areas in The Salon & Spa clean and sanitary
- Putting tools and supplies away upon departure of shift
- Customizing the facial sessions based on our clients individual needs,
- Recommending Murad products in line with your treatment plan, and
Don’t Miss: Osaki Pro Omni Massage Chair
Entry Level Massage Therapist Resume
As long as you are licensed, you can start a career with an entry-level Massage Therapist resume.
Like we stated in the previous section, use the functional format. This will shift attention from lack of experience and toward your skills. If you havent had much luck, consider additional certifications.
If you dont have much experience, volunteer your services. You can offer massage therapy to the local community. There are medical outreach teams that need massage therapists to treat the elderly and those with chronic pain.
What Should Be On Your Resume For A Massage Therapist Job
If youre working towards or have recently completed a massage therapy course and are ready to secure a job in massage therapy great! Now its time to craft your resume.
Just like any other job, youll need a resume for a job in massage therapy. This will detail your past education and relative courses in massage, as well as any related skill sets and work experience.
Having a well-crafted resume will open up your job opportunities and help you land your dream massage therapy role!
If youre ready to apply for a job in massage, then try these tips to help you perfect your massage therapist resume!
Read Also: Mb Series Massage Chair Reviews
Experience For Registered Massage Therapist Resume
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and communicate effectively
- Proven strong retail sales skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to interact and work with diverse population of patients, staff and faculty
- Excellent communication both verbal and written and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrates ability to use the above skills within established parameters of hospitals philosophy.
Tip : Show What You Had Accomplished
Shownot tellyour potential employers about what you had achieved in your previous jobs. Instead of listing your job responsibilities, show them what you had accomplished.
For example, if you had worked in a previous spa, just listing your job description like in typical massage therapy templates, might go something like:
- Knowledgeable about Swedish massage and deep tissue massage
- Excellent customer service and people skills
- Served as a recruiter for our spa
- Demonstrated positive attitude to clients problems
This listing tells employers almost nothing about what makes you stand out from dozens of applicants who might tell a similar story.
As an individual with unique skills and experience, share specific accomplishments that you did.
For example, do you remember a specific client with a unique need that you were able to fulfill? Describe the problem, what did you do to solve it, and what was the outcome?
You could say something like:
- Helped a client with chronic low back pain reduce her pain symptoms enough for her to resume exercising regularly after treating her twice a week for two weeks.
- Listened and asked questions about a clients problem about how bad her last massage was, which required me to adapt to her needs the best I could. She gave me a five-star Yelp review the next day.
Recommended Reading: How To Become A Facial Massage Therapist
Work Experience In Your Massage Therapist Resume
The section work experience is an essential part of your massage therapist resume. Its the one thing the recruiter really cares about and pays the most attention to.This section, however, is not just a list of your previous massage therapist responsibilities. It’s meant to present you as a wholesome candidate by showcasing your relevant accomplishments and should be tailored specifically to the particular massage therapist position you’re applying to.The work experience section should be the detailed summary of your latest 3 or 4 positions.
Representative Massage Therapist resume experience can include:
- Assist Sante in working toward positive financial results. Contribute to the total revenue and net profit of the department through Service Sales, Retail Sales and Inventory Control
- Promote individual skills and offerings to members during open schedule time
- Customize sessions based on members/guests individual needs and communicating effectively with clients to ensure expectations are met
- Basic computer skills including MS Outlook and MS Word, additional aptitude for day-to-day use
- Communicates effectively and completely with the Institute team, identifies, problems, offers solutions & participates in resolution
- Maintains a professional presence with all clients and effectively informs and educates them about specific wellness concerns
Cv Skills Example: The Right Touch
The skills section of a massage therapist CV is extremely important. This is where you can create a bullet-point list of your most impressive or advanced techniques ones that likely go beyond the massage table.
Being a massage therapist means more than simply understanding how to give a hot stone massage. You are a beauty and wellnesspractitioner who must perform proper health evaluations to determine the appropriate course of action for each client. Your communication skills must be excellent because you need to understand client needs, desires, and preferences, before and throughout the massage sessions. You must also be a keen observer so you can gauge how your client is reacting throughout the massage session and modify techniques accordingly.
If pandemic circumstances persist, consider adding your knowledge about safety, personal protective equipment , and the measures you take to sanitize your workspace. Do so in your massage therapist cover letter as well as in your resume. Almost all states have now made some provision for massage therapists to continue their work, according to the Associated Bodywork and Massage Professionals organization.
Check out a massage therapist resume sample for the skills section below.
Also Check: Massage Jobs In Dallas Tx
Choosing The Best Resume Format For Massage Therapy
Many massage therapists will find that the most commonly used chronologicalresume format is ideal for highlighting their background and qualifications. It provides the most straightforward overview of your accomplishments in the employment history section.
But if the position youre pursuing would be a radical departure, or your job background has not followed a linear path of employee positions, you might want to consider another resume format. If you have been self-employed or held various contract positions, rather than working for one organization at a time, you may want to consider a functionalresume focusing on specific skills or niche clientele. In other instances, a hybrid resume format that includes chronological and functional segments might work best.
Physical Therapy Assistant / Massage Therapist
Outpatient facility that services a large orthopedic population that specializes in areas of pain management, spine rehabilitation, bone and joint injuries, post surgical joint replacement, vestibular rehabilitation, amputee rehabilitation and post stroke.
- Lymphedema Care specializing in Manual Lymph Drainage , compression wrapping of UE/LE and donning/doffing of compression garments.
- Assisting the physical therapist in the provision of physical therapy and providing intervention sometime modifying an intervention in accordance with changes in patient status and within scope of plan of care that has been established by the physical therapist.
- Assist physical therapist in utilizing appropriate methods and materials for effective learning, monitoring response to education, and adapting program appropriately.
- Perform all required data collection for the department accurately and within expected time frame.
- Perform manual therapy and therapeutic massage for patients and private clients as the Licensed Massage Therapist.
- Ensure notes are concise, pertinent and meet department documentation standards.
Recommended Reading: Deep Tissue Massage Greensboro Nc
Information To Include In Your Resume
All resumes should include the following information:
- Name, address, telephone number and e-mail address
- Summary or profile of your strengths and skills and a description of the type of position you are seeking
- Qualifications: your credentials and a description of the modalities you are qualified to practice
- Employment history: name and location of previous employers, dates of employment and the name of your job
- Education and training schools , and workshops or other training that is relevant to the type of position you are seeking
- Any awards or professional affiliations that a prospective employer might be interested in
If most of your experience is unrelated to the career you want to begin, summarize it briefly and accurately. Say in your summary/profile section that you are seeking to begin your career in massage therapy, and place emphasis on your education, training and affiliations to highlight your qualifications.
All this information should fit on one page so the prospective employer can easily assess your strengths. If you have extensive experience, however, it is acceptable to have a two- to three-page resume.
Tip : Be Prepared To Explain Your Job History
If you were an employer, and you see this in an applicants resume, what would you ask?
2009-2013 Massage Therapist at The Spa on the Beach
2014-2018 Massage Therapist at Bliss Spa
And now its 2021, and what have you been doing for the past few years? You dont need to put that information on a resume, but you can expect questions to come up about it in a job interview.
You might address it in the cover letter or interview, by saying something like I have taken the past three years off to be my mothers caregiver, but as she has now passed, I am ready to return to full-time work.
Yes, that is a little personal information, but you should be prepared to have an answer about extended periods of time off.
If many employers are on your resume, showing that you frequently changed jobs, you should be prepared to answer questions about that during your interview, if you get one. Employers hesitate to hire people that they think have issues, which could mean anything from getting along well with others to complaints from clients.
The law in many states allows former employers to say whether or not you are eligible for rehire, and that is a go-to question for many employers who are seeking job applicants.
You May Like: Massage Vancouver Washington Mill Plain
Education On An Esthetician Resume
Make sure to make education a priority on your esthetician resume.If youve been working for a few years and have a few solid positions to show, put your education after your esthetician experience.For example, if you have a Ph.D in Neuroscience and a Master’s in the same sphere, just list your Ph.D. Besides the doctorate, Masters degrees go next, followed by Bachelors and finally, Associates degree.
Additional details to include:
- Year of graduation
- Location of school
These are the four additional pieces of information you should mention when listing your education on your resume.
Massage Therapist Resume Examples
Massage Therapists help their clients overcome physical and emotional problems by manipulating the body’s soft tissues and applying pressure on sore areas. Common activities mentioned on Massage Therapist example resumes are assessing client condition, using hands or special equipment to deliver massages, stimulating circulation, relieving pain, maintaining records, and referring clients to other therapies when necessary. Those looking to work as Massage Therapists should demonstrate throughout their resumes extensive massage expertise, knowledge of various massage types, good communication and interpersonal skills, and business management skills. Candidates for this job are required massage training and certification.
Looking for cover letter ideas? See our sample Massage Therapist Cover Letter.
Find out what is the best resume for you in our Ultimate Resume Format Guide.
The best examples from thousands of real-world resumes
Read Also: Best Foot Massager For Diabetics Uk
Skills For Massage Therapist Grant Women S Specialty Unit Resume
- Scheduling We work together to build a schedule around your priorities
- Scheduling We work together to build a schedule around your priorities . Open seven days a week!
- Experience working with and maintaining massage therapy equipment
- Participates in ongoing methods of learning and clinical skill mastery
- Able to lift, push and pull with effective forces of approximately 40-60 pounds for positioning and moving patients
- Capable of making positive contributions to a strong culture of customer care and giving back
Experience For Hiring Bonus Massage Therapist And Resume
- Customer service oriented and able to communicate effectively with clients and management
- Technical Skills: Ability to
- Proven experience and knowledge of massage therapy techniques and treatment modalities
- Effectively plan and deliver appropriate and safe massage
- Skills:This job requires: Ability to perform massage therapy both in chair and on the table, in both private and event settings
You May Like: Massage Envy In Chester Nj
Skills For Certified Massage Therapist Independent Contractor Resume
- Safeguarding the client experience, maintaining client confidentiality and upholding our commitment to safety and zero tolerance
- Delivering a safe, therapeutic, and amazing experiencewith each and every service
- Training and experience in sales is required
- Displaying excellent customer service to our members and guests
- Understanding of medical terminology and experience with medical chart review
Responsibilities For Esthetician / Brow Arch Expert Resume
- Drive the sales process by promoting the health and wellness benefits to clients receiving facials on a regular basis
- Medical insurance, including Dental, Vision available for qualifying employees
- We provide free Massage Envy sponsored continuing education and in-house training on PCA Skin Care and Murad Protocols
- In-depth ongoing training from Massage Envy, MURAD, PCA & OBAGI
- Assists in the sales process by promoting the health and wellness benefits to clients receiving Healthy Skin facials on a regular basis
- Provides skin care services, including facials, body treatments and hair removal
Recommended Reading: Shoulder Pain Chiropractor Or Massage
Skills For Hb Massage Therapist Resume
- Skills in interpersonal communication both verbal and written
- Have computer & technical skills
- Communicate effectively with clients and staff in a professional, courteous manner
- Create an excellent experience for members and guests through friendly and professional attitude
- Prior resort experience required
- Communicates accurately and effectively with patients, families, staff and physicians
- Communication skills and the ability to present information clearly and professionally to varying levels of individuals throughout the patient care process
- The ability to work effectively with other department CoStars, guests, and management