Facial Massage Technique #4massaging Crows Feet
Pesky crow’s feet are another culprit for the first visible signs of aging. Our dynamic facial expressions make it impossible to prevent these lines from appearing, unless you keep from smiling or moving your face altogether. We prefer the alternative: a gentle, skin firming massage to discourage depth and appearance of crows feet.
The Technique: Use one hand to gently lift the brow area and make the skin taut. Using your ring finger, massage in small circles over the area where crows feet appear. Do this for about thirty seconds on each eye. After that, use your fingertips and gently stroke upward, alternating hands for thirty seconds on each eye.
Facial Exercises To Prevent And Reduce Wrinkles On Face
Facial wrinkles are perhaps the first visible signs of aging that make us worry about our diminishing youthful appearance. However, little do we realize that our face too needs exercise to keep itself tightened just like the other parts of our body! Of late, people have become more aware about the facial exercises to prevent wrinkles on face as well as to reduce these fine lines that have appeared with age.
How To Give Yourself A Spa
Daily movements like smiling, frowning, and chewing give your facial muscles a major work out. And just like your body benefits from a good rubdown after a hard sweat session, your face benefits greatly from a massage as well. In fact, facial work outs have skyrocketed in popularity with dedicated studios opening up across the US. Now, I’m not suggesting you sign up for facial yoga, but you can mimic a professional massage at home. Heres everything you need to know to rub it down right.
Debra Jaliman, a dermatologist in New York City, tells SELF that you should always wash your hands in warm water with an antibacterial soap and tie back your hair to get any potential germs out of the way. You should also cleanse your face before massaging. Reach for a gentle wash like CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser . If you want to really make your massage a spa-like experience, try steaming your face first. This will soften up the pores, allowing any product you apply to be absorbed better.
Facial massage might sound like another unnecessary step in your skincare routine. But just two minutes a day can help prevent wrinkles and relax your mind. It’s ideal to set aside time both in the morning and the evening, but a quick facial massage a few times a week will still help you reap the benefits. Just spend a little extra time massaging in the cleanser or moisturizer you’re already using.
Recommended Reading: Hand And Stone Massage Lake Pleasant
Possible Positive Effects In Terms Of Anti
Dr. Gantsho was involved in a recent local cosmetic trial involving face massage where one-half of the subjects noted a feeling of freshness and rejuvenation of the skin, enhancement of the suppleness and tightening of the face and a subjective delay in the onset of wrinkles.
“Most often people see the lifting, toning effect and softening of the lines. People feel the difference on their faces after the treatment, like after any massage treatment on other body parts,” says Dr. Gantsho.
Just like exercise, face massage tones and firms the skin. It is ideal for the face with fine lines.
But this, like any other toning exercise, needs to be performed regularly in order for it to be effective like contouring of the cheeks, minimising of naso-labial folds and a less saggy jaw-line.
Now Get Ready To Do What I Call The Sweeping Method
Press with gentle to medium pressure since pressing too hard, especially over the areas with thinner, more delicate skin, may result in broken capillaries or worsen existing ones.
It can sometimes feel good to really apply more pressure if, say, you have a headache you want to relieve, but you dont want to do permanent damage. Trust me Ive tried to relieve more than a few headaches with facial massage and have not been as gentle as I should have.
If you have a bit more time, you can start the massage at the base of your neck to help increase lymphatic drainage, as pharmacist, wellness consultant, and beauty blogger Dr. Mona Vand recommends in her face lifting massage tutorial.
P.S. Its always better to use too much oil than not enough. If you end up with a lot of excess oil, spread it over other spots, like your neck, chest, and even elbows!
Don’t Miss: How Much Does Zeel Pay Massage Therapists
Massage Oils For Different Skin Types
Every person has a different skin type. When it comes to skin care, it is important to choose the right products and techniques for your skin. Here is a brief list of recommended massage oils or lubricants for different skin types:
- Normal skin: Normal skin requires oils that are lighter and not too heavy on the skin. Argan oil, moringa oil, and coconut oil, among others, are good options.
- Acne-prone skin: Skin that is prone to breakouts requires hydrating oils or oils that have anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties. These oils include aloe vera gel, retinol serum, lactic acid serum, tea tree oil, pomegranate oil, and vitamin E oil.
- Sensitive skin: Sensitive skin needs massages with soothing and nourishing oils. Examples of these oils are aloe vera gel, chamomile oil, moringa oil, and vitamin E oil.
- Oily skin: People with oily skin should use lightweight oils and serums that do not make the skin greasy. Great options are grapeseed oil, jojoba oil, tea tree oil, retinol serums, vitamin C serum, and lactic acid serum.
- Dry skin: Dry skin requires moisturizing oils, such as olive oil, almond oil, argan oil, marula oil, coconut oil, and hyaluronic acid serum.
Medical/spa Treatments That Reduce Wrinkles
19. Botox. An injection of this purified version of the Botulinum toxin A relaxes the muscle just underneath the wrinkle, allowing the skin on top to lie smooth and crease-free.
20. Wrinkle fillers. Doctors fill wrinkles with a variety of substances, including collagen, hyaluronic acid, and other synthetic compounds. Popular treatments include Restylane, Juvederm, and ArteFill, among others.
21. Laser/light resurfacing. Here, energy from a light source — either a laser or a pulsed diode light — removes the top layer of skin, causing a slight but unnoticeable skin “wounding.” This kicks the skin’s natural collagen-production system into high gear, resulting in smoother, more wrinkle-free skin.
22. Chemical peels. In this treatment, one of a variety of different chemicals is used to “burn” away the top layer of skin, creating damage that causes the body to respond by making more collagen. You end up with younger-looking, smoother skin.
23. Dermabrasion. A vacuum suction device used in tandem with a mild chemical crystal, dermabrasion helps remove the top layer of skin cells and bring new, more evenly textured skin to the surface. In the process, fine lines and wrinkles seem to disappear.
Also Check: Best Leg And Foot Massager For Neuropathy
S To Try At Home And In The Spa
Belavi Facelift Massage – involves gentle lifting strokes, tapping , contouring , acupressure and lymph drainage. It is designed to improve the radiance of the skin while it tones muscle.
Cool Lift Face Rejuvenation – a stone massage procedure, uses cold marble stones to stimulate facial energy points.
Indian Face Massage – uses light pressure, irons out fine wrinkles, relaxes face and tones the muscles.
Warning: Although there are several subjective benefits with face massage, there may be immediate side-effects, such as erythema and edema, as well as delayed problems, such as dermatitis and acneiform eruption, in about one-third of patients.
For more info:
Massage The Chin And Cheeks
Start below the collarbone and roll downward in a firm but not overly pressured motion, taking your time with any areas that feel tender or knotted and moving parallel to the décolleté. The idea is to clean the lymphatic vessels on the neck before starting on the face for better results.
On the face, work with sweeping movements along the jawline from the chin to the ears, always stroking gently upward. Continue under your earlobes, making sure to work both sides of your face. Now roll from the center of your chin outward and upward to your cheeks and cheekbones.
Face Exercise For Neck And Chin
The below face exercise will help you to firm your chin and neck the jawline and will also make your double chin to disappear.
- Place your hand at the front of your neck putting a slight pressure.
- Lift your neck and look upwards. Your chin should point to the ceiling.
- While in this position, give a strong smile in a manner that it exerts pressure on lips corners. You will feel a burning sensation in the neck area.
- Hold the position for thirty counts .
- Now turn your head to the right while keeping the chin in upward position. Hold for 30 counts.
- Repeat the procedure while turning your neck to the left.
- Do the whole process- up, right and left- for about 5 times twice a day.
Facial Massages Allow Face Products To Absorb Better Into The Skin
There are many effective skin products for a variety of skin ailments. Whether you face dryness, acne, oil, flakiness, redness, or other issues, there are serums, moisturizers, and cleansers for that. The trouble is, even if you are using the right product, you need to make sure that it is applied properly. Without the correct application, even fantastic skin treatments cant penetrate the skin.
Also Check: How To Write A Resume For Massage Therapist
Switch Up Your Sleep Position
Some wrinkling on your face can actually be caused by the position that you sleep in. Its called compression, and its caused by your face pressing against the pillow in the same way every night. Over time, this compression leaves your skin weaker in some places than others, and a wrinkle forms. You can prevent or slow down compression wrinkles by sleeping on your back.
Minimizes Pores And Acne
With proper facial hygiene and regular facial massage with suitable Essential oils, some types of acne can be prevented. Large pores are the second most popular facial problems after acne. And some chronic acne can leave large pores on the skin even after the acne is gone. These large pores can be managed through enhanced collagen production, which occurs during face massage.
Tools Used For Face Massage
Several face massage tools are used in massaging the face and are widely available nowadays. Some of the most popular ones are:
Face Exercise For Lips/ Mouth
With age, the corners of our mouth or lips too droop. To firm up your skin around the lips, do the following face exercise.
- Keep your lips pressed together and pull in the corners of your mouth tightly.
- Hold this position of the mouth while tapping the index fingers at the corners of your mouth.
- Move the fingers up and then down at the corners of your lips till you get a burning sensation in the muscles at either side of your mouth.
- Move your index fingers up and down quickly counting forty times . This will intensify the burning sensation.
- Keeping the lips together, blow between them and vibrate your lips to release any stress.
Don’t Miss: Deep Tissue Massage San Mateo
Facial Exercise To Soften Wrinkles #2 The Flirty Eyes
Get ready to throw flirty glances left and right as you remove wrinkles around your eyes.
Wrinkles around the eyes, commonly known as x wrinkles, are part of life, but that doesnt mean you need to endure creases and lines that leave you feeling self-conscious when you step outside.
Eye wrinkles are caused by environmental triggers weakening the already delicate skin and muscles around your eyes, so by toning the muscles around your peepers, youll have an at-home workout that helps you look younger and enjoy more symmetrical eyes too. Heres how you facial exercise to soften unwanted wrinkles:
- Look straight ahead
- Look from left to right, slowly rotating your eye from one side to the other
- Repeat this movement looking from the ceiling to the floor
- Make sure you keep your jaw immobile as only the eyes should be moving for optimal results
Repetitions: Repeat this facial exercise 5 times in each direction
Chin: Tighten The Flabby Contour
- Nasolabial fold: how to get rid of wrinkles around the mouth and nose
- Notox instead of botox: women should now know about this new anti-wrinkle alternative!
- Self-massage: with these simple steps you can release tension
Read Also: Best Massage Spa San Francisco
Facial Massages Stop Wrinkles In Their Tracks
Whats the number one sign of aging? Wrinkles are one of the most visible signs of deteriorating skin. As we get older, all of us experience an increase as wrinkles as a response from free radicals and the repeated tightening of our facial muscles. When we stress, those muscles tighten even more. Fortunately, a facial massage will help relax your muscles and reduce that stress. Supercharge your massage by adding your favorite moisturizer, such as the HD Intensive Moisture Creme. Not only will you help prevent wrinkles by reducing stress and releasing the tension in your muscles, you will also deliver deeply hydrating cream to your skin. This contributes to a wrinkle-free appearance overall!
Heres The Rub: Facial Massage Can Have Benefits But Not For Your Skin
Touted as an anti-ageing treatment on social media, it is relaxing, but dermatologists say other claims are fundamentally mythological
Whether its with a jade roller, a gua sha or simply your fingers, facial massages are all over social media, from TikTok demonstrations to Instagram ads.
They make lofty, appealing promises claiming to improve blood circulation, reduce puffiness and water retention by stimulating the lymphatic system, combat wrinkles and sagging skin or even sculpt away double chins.
But dermatologists doubt the efficacy. Dr Cara McDonald, a specialist dermatologist based in Victoria, notes that there are not many randomised control trials, which are the gold standard in scientific research. Sydney-based dermatologist Dr Natasha Cook is even blunter, calling the benefits fundamentally mythological.
Anything thats visual will be popular on Instagram and TikTok platforms. It doesnt mean they work, Cook says.
Its an entertainment piece, I think thats all it is. If you understand the essence of ageing the action of rolling or massaging just does not equate with fixing that, except for a glorified facial.
Lets face it were all insecure as people, so anything that can make us feel less of that is always appealing. Thats the key with the beauty industry, it buys into that fundamental fear.
Is it really a skin treatment? I just dont really think so
Recommended Reading: 4d Vs 3d Massage Chair
How To Massage The Forehead To Remove Wrinkles
Wrinkles are natural and are a part of the aging process. Wrinkles generally occur due to long exposures of the body parts, such as hands, neck, face, and forearms, to the sun. Generally, the extent of wrinkle formation depends on the genetics of an individual, however, pollutants and smoking also play an important part and contribute to their formation.1 One of the most prominent body parts, where wrinkles appear, is the forehead. Forehead wrinkles are primarily caused by the frontalis muscle, present around the forehead region. The movement of this muscle causes the wrinkles to appear. Also raising of the eyebrows results in the development of wrinkles with age.2
Several natural ways can prevent or delay the onset of wrinkles. One of the better ways to prevent the wrinkle formation is having a healthy and antioxidants rich diet. Antioxidants help in the removal of harmful substances such as free radicals from the body, that can damage the skin and result in wrinkles. Also, drinking an adequate amount of water helps in keeping the skin hydrated and avoids dryness. This dryness can ultimately lead to wrinkles. Additionally, excess exposure to the sun is not good for the skin and, hence, direct sun exposure should always be avoided. This is because the sun emits harmful ultraviolet rays which can cause damage to the skin.2
Effective massaging techniques to remove wrinkles
Innovative massaging devices: