Ryzdaily Back Stretcher With Instructional Videos Lower Back Stretcher Lumbar Back Stretcher For Back Pain Relief Spine Decompression Massager Back Pain Relief Products Spine Deck
- Back Stretcher With 88 Acupuncture Plastic Points Ergonomic design gives un-yeilding back support the 88 acupuncture points promote circulation in addition to lumbar support achieving back pain relief while also acting like a massager.
- Multi-Level Back Stretching Device Can be used at 3 different levels of intensity allowing users of all ages and flexibility to use the back stretcher and enjoy back relief while maintaining a healthy better back and improving back posture.
- Made for Durability and Longevity Made from hi tech polypropylene plastic Our lower back stretcher safely supports up to 225 pounds packs up flat and is lightweight Use it at home, at the office chair, at the gym or yoga mat for muscle relief.
- Stretching Routines Included Instructional, warm-up, on the stretcher, and cool-down videos help optimize your usage of the back support loosening up muscle in the lower back and increasing flexibility.
- Our Promise to You We are so confident in the quality of our Back Stretcher that we offer a lifetime manufacturer guarantee. If you are unhappy in anyway we will replace your back support itll be the last back pain relief product youll need.
Mini Massagers Save Space And Let You Target Problem Areas
Mini massagers are smaller versions of full-size massagers. They come in manual, battery-powered, and electric designs. These handheld models may also include different nodes for a greater variety of massage options. They typically have fewer speeds and intensities than larger models, but a mini massager can also be much quieter.If youre on a budget, look into a manual massager. The only problem with these is you usually need someone else to do the actual back massaging. But a mini handheld with a long handle can do the trick if youre usually massaging on your own.
Best mini massager: BOB AND BRAD Q2 Mini-Massage Gun
Best Handheld: Renpho Rechargeable Handheld Deep Tissue Massager
Convenience and flexibility are the driving factors behind this cordless and rechargeable massager. Lightweight and comfortable to hold, this massager can quickly move from head to toe. And with five interchangeable head attachments, giving yourself an at-home full-body massage has never been easier. This little unit is just perfect,said one shopper, who is just one of the 34,500-plus customers to leave this handheld back massager a perfect review. They added that this massager is light enough that I can control it, powerful enough to work out the pain radiating down my thigh.
Read Also: How To Relieve Sinus Pressure Massage
Types And Styles Of Massage
There are two basic types of massage: whole body and structural. The whole body massage promotes general relaxation. The spine massage techniques that target specific muscles and connective tissue are called structural massages. A structural massage that targets the muscles from the buttocks and up to the neck is effective for relieving lower back pain.
Some massage styles include the whole body with a special focus on a targeted area. However, all massage styles have the likelihood of helping to relieve pain. The best style to have the most impact depends on what is causing the pain and preferences of the patient or client. The various styles of massage include, but are not limited to:
- Swedish massage a whole body gentle massage for relaxation and to relieve muscle knots.
- Shiatsu massage a Japanese style whole body massage using pulsing pressure and includes a focus on areas of the body needing attention.
- Trigger point massage the whole body that includes an extra focus on specific areas of pain caused by tightness in muscle tissues.
- Deep tissue massage a whole-body massage that uses pressure to relieve tension in deeper layers of connective tissues and muscles.
There are other styles of massage, like Reflexology and Sports Massage, but the ones listed are some of the more common. For people who experience back pain, massage therapy can bring much-needed relief. There is no set amount of sessions recommended because each situation is different.
Best Overall On Amazon: Resteck Back And Neck Massager
Your back wont be the only body part grateful for this sleek massager: Its wrap-around construction is versatile enough to use on your neck, shoulders, arms, or abdomen and features eight powerful deep-kneading massage nodes that move bidirectionally to relieve aches, knots, and muscle tension. Simply loop your hands through the shoulder straps to get a completely hands-free treatment for up to 15 minutes . Add in the overheat protection and sleek carrying case, and its apparent why this portable massager earned nearly 29,000 perfect five-star ratings.
Available at , $47
Recommended Reading: Does Massage Help Back Pain
Final Thoughts On Shopping For The Best Back Massager
A back massager can work wonders on a chronically sore back. A massager that fits your lifestyle and includes movements that target your pain points will offer the most relief. The best back massager will soothe your hard-to-reach areas with little effort on your part. You can lean into them, close your eyes, and let the massager do its work.
Stimulate The Healing Process
If you have recently sustained an injury in your back, youll be happy to know that getting back massages on a regular basis can help speed up the healing process. This is due to the fact that the massager stimulates your blood vessels, as well as your muscles. In case you didnt know, this practice is even recommended to people who have paralysis.
You May Like: Chaan Thai Massage Fairfax Va
Papillon Back Massager With Heat Shiatsu Back And Neck Massager
If your lower back pain is caused by muscle injury or strain, this back and neck massager will relieve soreness and reduce pain effectively. Its ergonomic design effortlessly merges with the contours of different body parts while offering proper pressure. The massaging nodes change direction every minute automatically and efficiently reduces pain and soreness.
· Comes with an overheat protection device
· The device automatically shuts off after 15 minutes of use for safety
· Comes wrapped in a high-quality sofa fabric that is soft to touch and skin-friendly
· Prevents low-temperature burns and offers deep tissue kneading massage
· The broad and ergonomic design of the pillow adjusts easily on various body parts
· Features 4 powerful 3D massage nodes to target the painful areas
· Works for lower back pain, full-body pain, and muscle strains
· Cover of the massager may wear after extended use
This shiatsu massaging pillow features 3 adjustable speeds and thus lets you control the amount of pressure you want to apply on any area to soothe muscle pain. Plus, the massager is suitable for human temperature, so you dont have to worry about burns or overheating. The massager is also covered with sofa fabric that offers a gentle touch and doesnt leave a foul smell.
How Effective Is Vibration Massage For Back Pain
Often when people think of back pain solutions, they think of massage therapy. While these can be relaxing with the essential oils and the gentle massage on sore muscles if you do have back pain that has been recurring or thats quite severe you might find it to be ineffective, your relief to be short-lived or for your pain to recur after a time. At The Mayfair Clinic we have a more more effective treatment that can provide relief in a substantially more effective way and in a much shorter time, than traditional massage. Vibration massage is a tool we use here on areas that are particularly tight or uncomfortable, to bring increased blood flow and relax the muscle both qualities that can help increase the speed to which your body is going to heal following an injury.
Recommended Reading: Rejuv Massage And Body Treatments Sturbridge
The Research On Massage For Back Pain: Can It Help
There is evidence supporting the use of massage therapy for pain relief, particularly in the short-term. In a review study published in the Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews, for instance, scientists analyzed 25 previously published studies on the use of massage for low back pain and found that massage was better at reducing sub-acute and chronic back pain and improving function in the short-term, compared to an inactive treatment.
Compared to other treatments thought to be beneficial, massage was found to be better for pain in the both the short- and long-term, but did not improve function. The researchers also noted that the most common adverse event was increased pain in 1.5% to 25% of participants.
Another review, published in the Annals of Internal Medicine in 2017, examined previously published trials on massage for acute or chronic low back pain. In eight out of nine trials, massage was more effective than other interventions such as exercise, relaxation therapy, acupuncture, physiotherapy, and manipulation.
Relaxzen 3d Mesh And Pu Massage Lumbar Support Cushion With Heat
This lumbar support heating cushion is a powerful tool that offers relief from back pain and relaxes the muscles. The cushion provides vibration massage through its 2 powerful vibration motors. These motors feature 30-minute auto shut-off feature to prevent overheating or injuries. The high and low massage intensities are offered for a customized and enhanced experience.
· Features 2 powerful and high-intensity motors
· Offers high and low-intensity vibration massage for along with heat settings
· Offers firm lumbar support and massage
· Comes with a 30-minute auto shut off timer
· Breathable mesh and foam padding makes the cushion more comforting
· Retaining strap is not durable
· The heating level is not as good as vibration level
The cushion features a 3D mesh design with foam padding and PU leather cover that is skin-friendly and soft to touch. The cushion offers contoured support for any seating, and it also comes with AC and DC adaptors for using the device in a car, at home or office. The therapeutic movements of this cushion offer gentle warmth while the optional heating settings are provided for additional comfort.
You May Like: Anti Cellulite Treatment Massage Oil
What Is The Best Back Massager On The Market Yours Investigates
When it comes to pain in your back, it can become completely overwhelming. Not only are you suffering from discomfort, but there are also lots of different treatments to help you manage it. If youre looking for an alternative to anti-inflammatory drugs, investing in one of the best back massagers might be the answer.
Massage therapy is thought to date back as far as 3000 BCE, but today youll find lots of different options when it comes to back massagers. From Shiatsu massage chairs to handheld deep massagers and even back massagers with heat, there are dozens of options that you can try out at home.
Do Back Braces Really Help
When recovering from an injury or managing an existing condition you need the right support to gradually regain your function and strength.
One way to do this is with a back brace to give you extra support.
Back braces can be good tools for helping your back improve. For example, if you have a back injury a brace can reduce the amount of strain on your back to allow it to heal faster.
It does this by redistributing the load from the affected area of your back to unaffected parts. This helps remove the pressure on the problem area which can help reduce pain.
However there are pros and cons to wearing a back brace which we will discuss in this ultimate guide. First lets start with when you should wear a back brace.
Also Check: Lymphatic Drainage Massage Chicago Groupon
Comfier Heating Pad For Back Pain Heat Belly Wrap Belt With Vibration Massage
Do you have mid-low back pain? A mid-back focus that is behind you, might make it difficult to use a massager you manually manipulate, so getting something you wear will be most comfortable, says Dr. Cole. Try strapping on this Comfier option. The heat and massage settings used together provide tension relief and increase blood circulation. It has two heat settings, three massage modes, and two levels of vibration intensity.
How Do Massagers Help To Relieve Back Pain
Pain especially in your lower back can be stressful because you are unable to perform your routine activities. According to the research low back pain is the second most common pain in the U.S leading to disability. Now in that scenario massagers are the best safe option with lots of benefits. According to the experts back massagers are the best tool to ease tension and muscle pain. There is no unsatisfied user of back massager so it helps to ease the muscle tension.
Now the question arises how do massagers work on the body? The answer to this question is simple because a back massager stretches the muscles of our body and increases blood to a specific area. They improve blood flow will reduce spasms and cramps to heal the pain. Although massagers are safe tools you should consult your doctor in case you are using blood-thinning medications. Overall, massagers are safe to use for everyone who experiences mild to severe back pain at some point in their life.
Read Also: Personal Training And Massage Therapy
How Ive Tested A Back Massager And Used It For 5 Years
I spend 18 hours a day sitting in front of the computer. In my nearly 40 years Ive earned a degenerative disc disease, the curse of intellectuals with a sedentary lifestyle. I have a pull-up bar and a treadmill at home I do 50 pushups on average daily, as well as stretching and other rehabilitation exercises to keep myself in shape.
Twice a year I visit a professional massage therapist who stretches the muscle tissues, relieves muscle spasms, and stimulates the spinal nerves. Therapeutic massage plays an important role in our faced-paced modern lives. In its normal state, the muscle tissue has to be smooth and elastic. This is exactly what therapeutic massage aims to achieve.
But massage is still not enough. Due to sedentary living, the muscles shrink and weaken. The cervical region is particularly affected. Cervical degenerative disc disease is associated with neck pain and stiffness, the insufficient blood supply to the intervertebral discs, which lead to their atrophy, shrinkage, and pressure on the spinal nerves.
Long sitting hours cause your muscles to be statically tense even if you change your position. The muscle spasms are characterized by aching, nagging pain, which makes you feel like an old man.
What can a handheld back massager really do for you? As tested by me:
Best Trigger Point: Liba Back And Neck Massager
You wont have to worry about chargers or cords with this ergonomically shaped massage cane. The lightweight toolit weighs less than a poundfeatures six different trigger points that can be used to target different body parts, including the lower back and shoulders. All you have to do is find the sore point and use targeted pressure to increase blood flow and alleviate tension. It may sound too simple to be true, but the budget-friendly tool already earned perfect ratings from more than 13,000 people, including an osteopathic physician and massage therapist.
Available at , $22
Recommended Reading: Post Op Lymphatic Drainage Massage Dallas Tx
Best Portable: Mighty Bliss Deep Tissue And Back Massager
More than 9,000 shoppers gave this completely cordless massager a five-star rating for providing the perfect deep tissue massage. It uses powerful percussion movement to pulse up to 3,700 times per minute, so you can relieve knotted muscles and painful spasms. Each massager arrives with six interchangeable heads, which can be used to target different body parts, and can run for up to 120 minutes off a single charge. The ergonomic design is also super lightweight, so giving your back a little relief wont require an arm strengthening session, too.
Available at , $60
How Does A Lower Back Massage Increase Range Of Movement
A lower back massage can increase range of movement. When muscles become tight due to overuse or injury, they can become painful restrictive.
A lower back massage aims to increase range of movement by relieving muscle tightness.
A lower back massage increases the temperature of muscles, improving tissue elasticity and flexibility around a joint. Improving tissue elasticity and joint flexibility relieves muscle tightness. Relieving muscle tightness reduces pain and restriction therefore increasing range of movement.
You May Like: Circ Premium Sl Track Heated Massage Chair
Zyllion Shiatsu Back And Neck Massager
- Price: $$
- Distinguishing features: This pillow has three deep tissue massagers that can be used to target smaller areas like the lower back or between the shoulder blades. Massagers automatically change direction. While this product can only treat one area at a time, its praised for reaching into the contours of your body. Theres no option to adjust intensity, but the device comes with a padded cover for a gentle massage. Theres also a model with eight deep tissue massagers.
- Target areas treated: back, neck, shoulders, abdomen, legs, calf, thigh
- Heat: yes
- Safety: auto shut-off for heat and overheating protection
- Usability and versatility: This device can be moved to different parts of the body. An adjustable strap allows you to secure the device where you need it, and it comes with a car adapter for portability.
- Reviews: around 39,000 reviews, with 74 percent 5 stars
- Cons: This device can only treat one area at a time, and it must be plugged in to use. Intensity level can only be adjusted with a removable sleeve.