Massage Therapist Jobs In Oregon
Manipulate soft tissues to improve comfort and relaxation. Massage therapists work to relieve pain, encourage rehabilitation, and boost circulation. They review medical histories and perform their own evaluations of painful or tense areas of the patients body in order to identify the best technique to promote wellness.
Massage therapists discuss symptoms with incoming patients and educate them on stretches and exercises they can perform at home. Therefore, they must have strong communication and interpersonal skills.
What Do Licensed Massage Therapist S Do
A licensed massage therapist uses massage to help patients with pain and/or to help them relax. They use their hands to knead, rub, rock, compress, and stroke specific areas of the client’s body to help relieve pain caused by stress, injuries, and surgeries, stimulating blood circulation and relaxing muscles. Some therapists also use methods such as water therapy and steam and dry heat treatments in addition to massages. There are many different styles of massage therapy, such as shiatsu,Read more
- Greet, interview, and obtain consent from clients.
- Promote health and wellness information to clients and the public to generate new clients.
- Provide a clean, sanitary room, and drape clients professionally.
- Perform massages for specified amounts of time.
Living And Working In Oregon
If its quality of life you seek, opportunities are endless in Oregon. Wander the rugged coastline beaches or adventure inland where vineyards stretch across the countryside flanked by unique cities resting in the shadow of majestic Mt. Hood life in this geographically diverse state offers something for everyone.
Proud to be one of the largest private employers in Oregon, Providence is well known for the excellence of care provided to our communities. Anchored by our Magnet medical centers, Providence makes up a network of nearly 150 hospitals, clinics and extended care facilities spanning the state. Providence facilities are located within our communities that have been ranked as some of the best places to live in the US, providing the potential to balance the best parts of work and play.
Don’t Miss: Massage Green Spa Santa Barbara
Take The East West College Massage Training Readiness Quiz
The fun, online quiz takes 3 minutes to complete and youll get a personalized report. Identify your strengths and social style plus the training and positions youre best suited for.
As the situation with COVID-19 continues to unfold, our highest priority at East West College is the health and well-being of our staff, faculty, students and extended community.
In light of public health recommendations that we practice social distancing to slow the spread of the virus, our staff and faculty are working remotely until the Oregon Stay At Home order has been lifted. Feel free to contact them via phone or email as usual.
It is assumed classes and the student massage clinic will resume for the Summer 2020 term starting in July based on current information.
Well continue to monitor the recommendations of public health agencies as well as our state and federal regulatory agencies.
If you have questions or need assistance, please feel free to contact us at 503-233-6500 or via email at
General Manager Osm Portland
- Oversee Portland Campus operations, including supervision of school administration and facilities team
- Communicate with regulatory and accrediting bodies, primarily the Higher Education Coordinating Commission and Oregon Board of Massage Therapists
- Manage the Business Planning and Development of a career school, including recruiting and retaining students
- Supervise and support Directors of Admissions, Education, Enrollment Services, and Salem Campus in their work
- Provide leadership for internal administration, employee management, and financial operations
- Assist with various HR duties, including hiring for the Portland Campus
- Participate in networking with Community and Industry
- Baccalaureate degree or higher in business, education, administration or organizational development
- LMT licensure or familiarity with the field of massage and bodywork
- Experience in educational or small business management
- Familiarity with integrative health fields
- Strong communication skills
Please email Resume and Cover Letter as soon as possible. The position will remain open until filled.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to:
You May Like: Shiatsu Massage Chair With Heat
Instructor Positions Portland & Salem
Oregon School of Massage is seeking massage and bodywork instructors for both campuses. Oregon School of Massage is a professional, vocational school licensed by the State of Oregon and approved by the Oregon Board of Massage Therapists. Ideal candidates will have integrated teaching experience , a clinical background as a massage therapist or other health care provider, and additional training or experience in personal growth.
Reports To: Director of Education / General ManagerSupervises: noneHours: Depending on course load
- Understand and model OSM Mission and values
- Practice open, respectful and honest communications
- Demonstrate commitment to personal and professional development
- Develop an understanding of, and ability to explain, body/mind/spirit integration ideas which guide OSM curriculum and operational philosophy
- Demonstrate support of profitable and successful organizational operation
- Provide training for students in designated subject areas
- Conduct classroom operations and activities
- Practice growth centered education model
- Participate in quarterly debriefing and staff meetings
- Assist with curriculum review and revisions as needed
- Provide grades to Registrar in timely manner
- Ensure proper set up and closure of classroom
Minimum Term of EmploymentOne quarter With one quarter notice of completion where able
Please submit a resume and cover letter to:
David Holden, Director of Education
Oregon School of Massage
Search Massage Therapist Jobs
|SEEKING nail techs, cosmetologists, massagetherapists, wellness instrKlamath Falls, OR Elite Retreat is growing and we are looking for the following: massagetherapists, nail technicians, cometologists, estheticians and anyone who does advanced esthetics….||2 days ago|
|Licensed MassageTherapist Eugene, OR We are seeking an upbeat, reliable person who is a Licensed MassageTherapist. We provide a spa-like experience with therapeutic results for our clients….||2 days ago|
|MassageTherapist – make $1000/weekHillsboro, OR Make up to $1,000 per week and have fun while you do it! We are looking for great massage professionals for employment position in a wellness clinic located in a busy and thriving area to build…||1 day ago|
|Portland, OR Large esthetician or massage room in NE Portland available. Private room with private parking. 1000.00 a month.||3 days ago|
|Licensed MassageTherapistHood River, OR Licensed MassageTherapist to join Collaborative Bodywork Team Mend in downtown Hood River, OR is seeking a Licensed MassageTherapist to join their Collaborative Bodywork Team….||4 days ago|
Also Check: Massage Places In Abilene Tx
Living And Working In The Greater Portland Area
Portland, situated on the banks of the beautiful Columbia and Willamette rivers, is Oregons largest city. Bursting with culture, amazing eateries and an abundance of activities for the outdoor enthusiast, this eco-friendly city offers a small town feel wrapped in the infrastructure of a bustling metropolis. Whatever your passion, it only adds to the flavor that makes the greater Portland area so inviting.
Portland is home to two Providence Magnet facilities, Providence Portland Medical Center and Providence St. Vincent are part of our not-for-profit network of hospitals, health plans and clinics serving the greater Portland area. Providence Portland Medical Center is a 483 bed, full service patient care facility specializing in cancer and cardiac care. Serving the North Portland since 1941, with an addition of an 11 story tower in the 2000s, the expanded cancer and surgery services strengthens the already excellent level of care available to our patients.
Providence St. Vincent Medical center, founded in 1875, 523 bed, unique teaching hospital offers specialized programs such as the Providence Heart and Vascular Institute, Oregon Medical Laser Center, Providence Multiple Sclerosis Center, and Providence Stroke Center.
Check out our available jobs below.
Working As A Licensed Massage Therapistinportland Or
There are80Licensed Massage Therapistopportunities available in Portland, all with unique requirements.
A Licensed Massage Therapists job is to provide the client with health benefits that will aid in rehabilitating injuries or stress. The therapist uses their training and expertise to improve their clients physical health and emotional well-being. They do so by providing various massage treatments to clients, consisting of stretching, massage lotions, oils, and other forms of treatment.
We know thatthe job search for aLicensed Massage Therapist can get a little overwhelming, but it’s actuallysimpler than you think. All you have to do is start your search on Joblist. Here, you will indeed find several Licensed Massage Therapistopenings in Portland, OR, as well as the cities that surround it. Our website also includes a blog filled with helpful career advice to help you reach your Licensed Massage Therapist goals, as well as tips on how to stand out while you’re looking for aLicensed Massage Therapist job. If you find that there aren’t as many Licensed Massage Therapist opportunities as you had hoped for in Portland, OR, scroll down to find nearby locations with opportunities in this field, or explore all job opportunities in
Read Also: Petra Massage And Weight Loss